One of the great apps I used today is Seene. With this mobile app you are able to create 3D images without using any specialized camera or equipment. The image can be shared in the app social channel or saved in the mobile library.
Chanel innovated in Paris Fashion Week Show by transforming the runway into supermarket. Chanel Shopping Center provided the backdrop for Chanel’s 2014/15 Fall-Winter Ready-To-Wear collection. The sprawling supermarket, constructed for the occasion beneath the glass roof of the Grand Palais, made for a tongue-in-cheek setting that evoked the consumerist culture imagery of Pop Art as well as the concept of easy everyday luxury. More than 3,400 guests browsed shelves stocked with goods renamed and packaged especially for the show Chanel-branded beverages, groceries, fresh produce and home improvement supplies – before taking their seats as the 79 models began their sweep through the aisles. As well, all the food and products are donated to charities.
Karl Lagerfeld’s collection resonates with his resolutely modern take on the Chanel vocabulary, electrified by a distinctly urban vibe. Sneakers are the footwear of choice, paired with blazers, dresses and coats, and in knee-high lace-up boot hybrids; the models, freed from heels, had a definite spring in their step.
I really find it interesting to use Supermarket theme to promote their products at Paris Fashion Week Show.
- Best Picture: 12 Years a Slave
- Best Actor in a Leading Role: Matthew McConaughey (Dallas Buyers Club)
- Best Actress in a Leading Role: Cate Blanchett (Blue Jasmine)
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role: Jared Leto (Dallas Buyers Club)
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role: Lupita Nyong’o (12 Years a Slave)
- Best Animated Feature: Frozen (Chris Buck, Jennifer Lee, Peter Del Vecho)
- Best Costume Design: Gravity (Emmanuel Lubezki)
- Best Costume Design: The Great Gatsby (Catherine Martin)
- Best Directing: Gravity (Alfonso Cuarón)
- Best Documentary Feature: 20 Feet from Stardom (Morgan Neville, Gil Friesen, Caitrin Rogers)
- Best Documentary Short: The Lady in Number 6: Music Saved My Life (Malcolm Clarke, Nicholas Reed)
- Best Film Editing: Gravity (Alfonso Cuarón, Mark Sanger)
- Best Foreign Language Film: The Great Beauty (Italy)
- Best Makeup and Hairstyling: Dallas Buyers Club (Adruitha Lee, Robin Mathews)
- Best Original Score: Gravity (Steven Price)
- Best Original Song: Let It Go – Frozen
- Best Production Design: The Great Gatsby (Catherine Martin, Beverley Dunn)
- Best Animated Short Film: Mr. Hublot (Laurent Witz, Alexandre Espigares)
- Best Live Action Short Film: Helium (Anders Walter, Kim Magnusson)
- Best Sound Editing: Gravity (Glenn Freemantle)
- Best Sound Mixing: Gravity (Skip Lievsay, Niv Adiri, Christopher Benstead, Chris Munro)
- Best Visual Effects: Gravity (Tim Webber, Chris Lawrence, Dave Shirk, Neil Corbould)
- Best Adapted Screenplay: 12 Years a Slave (John Ridley)
- Best Original Screenplay: Her (Spike Jonze)
— Ellen DeGeneres (@TheEllenShow) March 3, 2014
Ellen DeGeneres shared his photo on Twitter with stars including Jennifer Lawrence, Meryl Streep and Bradley Cooper taken during Hollywood’s Oscar annual awards ceremony. This photo and tweet is the most retweeted tweet ever.
Samsung #UNPACKED the new Samsung Galaxy S5 yesterday at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. The phone comes with Android 4.4 KitKat operating system and a new version of Samsung’s TouchWiz. Additionally, the Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with a 2.5GHz Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB RAM,IR remote, Bluetooth 4.0 BLE/ANT+, 4 LTE and a choice of 16GB or 32GB of storage.
The Galaxy S5 got 16MP camera, LED flash, a new advanced HDR mode and post-shot focusing. The round front camera points to 2.1MP front camera and video chatting. As well, you can choose any of the four colors blue, black, silver or bronze.
Still the prices are not announced officially by Samsung. 11th of April 2014 is the launch date.
On Monday, 24th February 2014, 7pm (GMT) Samsung unpacked 2014 event begins at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona – Spain. Samsung will officially present more about Samsung Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Gear 2.
The five star hotel Radisson Blu is one of the latest brand new hotels in Kuwait. I got an invitation from Radisson Blu Hotel management to have tour around and explore the major facilities. The hotel located beside the stunning Arabian Gulf to enjoy the warm sunshine of the private beach and pools.
Moreover, Radisson Blu provides different types of rooms and suits, along with new modern meeting rooms and one of the fabulous ballrooms. If you are in a business meeting or looking for somewhere to relax. Radisson Blu Hotel Sky Lounge accepts guests to enjoy Sky Lounge services. In these days, Sky Lounge is available to the public from 8-12pm to enjoy After 8 Music night from Wednesday till Friday.
After I had my tour to the most attractive areas. I enjoyed having a buffet for lunch at AlBustan Restaurant. I had a pleasure afternoon with Radisson Blu Hotel Management to introduce the major attractions and facilities of the hotel.
Address: Radisson Blu Hotel, AlTaawn Street, Salwa – Kuwait
Phone: +965 25673000
One of the biggest social media deals happened yesterday. Facebook bought the popular social media application WhatsApp for $19 billion. In addition, Facebook would pay $4 billion in cash and $15 billion as a part of Facebook shares. WhatsApp founders and their employees will get $3 billion of the shares as restricted stock that will vest for four years.
Currently WhatsApp got more than 450 million users. As a long-term potential Facebook will invest to WhatsApp by adding additional messaging services to increase the value of the app.
Regus is one of the largest serviced office accommodation business centre. They own 1411 business centers across 99 countries. In 2013. Regus opened their first business centre in Kuwait City Shayma Tower. I saw their advertisements on newspapers last year about their new office accommodation business centre services. The advertisement attracted me to visit the centre and know more about Regus services. Truthfully, the business centre is fabulous with all facilities, atmosphere and resources. So I signed up with Regus for one year contract for a responsible size office.
Through the year I got another offer from them to move to a better office that matches my requirements. Last year I haven’t got any issues with them. But since beginning of this year they came really different in:
Finance & rent:
- They add up some services costs even when I haven’t used any of them.
- They raise up next month invoice before the month even started and any delays of paying the invoice you will be charged automatically for a lateness fees.
- Whenever you claim for any item, they say “we cannot modify it is from the system”.
Services & Hospitality:
- Their services changed a lot specially with dealing with customers relations.
- They close your office whenever you don’t pay on time and you need to hang over outside.
- They even don’t notify the customer to know what services he used in the centre.
- I complained a lot about the AC and cleaning services but they even don’t care.
- For every request they have to take an approval from somewhere and get back to me within days later.
- You are sticked with the contract and that’s fine as a legal purpose. But there are items are not included regarding the service costs and hospitality services.
Finally, the location and atmosphere is fine. But these are the issues as customer I faced this year. As a startup business, I need a place to host me with a great service and hospitality, as well with a reasonable cost. I chose Regus because it’s a place that matches my business as a location, cost and atmosphere. What I actually see is their vision to earn money rather than taking care of customers relations.
Kuwait occupies ranked as 152 country in ease of start-up companies in 2013. Currently, different startups are moving on with creative projects and concepts in Kuwait. To get a basic commercial licenses it takes more than 2 months. Personally, I did experienced the headache of getting a basic commercial license. You need to pass through more than 10 ministries in different locations to print out some references and documents. For a simple mistake in the name or number your documents should be all repeated again. Actually, I don’t think Kuwait is the best place to grow your business for startups.
Since Flappy Bird developer removed the game from both Apple and Play Stores. Apple and Google rejected couple of games with the same concept and similar name. I think it’s fair to take the right action to reject the submitted games. I also believe Flappy Bird opened new opportunity for games developer to start developing new games with interesting ideas that inspires the users.
In the market you can find your needs with different qualities. I was at The Avenues and I passed through Dean and Deluca store to get some of Dean and Deluca’s butter. I founded thyme (Za’ater) placed on the shelve next to the butter, so I placed in the basket to have some for dinner. Well I’m impressed with the Dean and Deluca thyme taste. It is really delicious! If you love thyme for breakfast, I recommend you get one of Dean and Deluca’s thyme.
Moreover, I saw different chips flavors next to the cashier. So I picked up sea salt and sweet chilly flavors. What can I say is their taste it absolutely delicious. I wish I can fill up my kitchen with Dean and Deluca Foods.